Collaborative School Library Award
The Collaborative School Library Award recognizes and encourages collaboration and partnerships between school library media specialists and the school community through joint planning of a program, project, or event in support of the curriculum, using school library resources, and incorporating the AASL Standards (2017).Apply Online
Multiple Collaborative School Library Award recipients may be selected for this Award. The Collaborative School Library Award recipient receives a framed commemorative certificate. The honoree will be recognized during the Awards Program at OELMA's Fall Annual Conference. The recipient's name will be announced via OELM'As email list and posted on the Awards/Scholarship section of OELMA's webpage.
The following criteria will be used in the selection process:
- The project submitted should reflect a best practice that can serve as a model for others in collaborative planning. It is recommended that the recipient shares their project at the OELMA Conference and/or other professional development opportunities such as webinars
- Meets at least minimum score on OELMA's Collaborative School Library Award Checklist
- Current OELMA member
- Applicants must include an OELMA member who is a licensed school library media specialist and educators or community members who have collaborated on a project to further the competencies in the Learner Framework in the AASL National School Library Standards for Learners, School Librarians, and School Libraries.
Applications should include the following materials:
- Completed online OELMA Scholarship & Awards Program application form
- Letter of nomination that explains how the nominee meets award selection criteria as stipulated in OELMA's Collaborative School Library Award Checklist
- Photograph in .jpg or .gif format
Late materials will not be accepted. All application materials must be submitted to OELMA using the online application form by 11:59 p.m. on February 20th. You will be able to upload supporting materials to the online form.