Emerging Leader Award
The Emerging Leader Award recognizes OELMA members who have recently assumed an OELMA leadership role for the first time. This Award honors members who demonstrate leadership potential and encourages members active participation in the Association.Submit a Nomination
Multiple recipients may be selected for this Award. The Emerging Leader Award recipient receives a framed commemorative certificate. The honoree will be recognized during the Awards Program at OELMA's Fall Annual Conference. The recipient's name will be announced via OELMA's email list and posted on the Awards/Scholarship section of OELMA's webpage.
The Emerging Leader Award recipient will be selected from applicants and nominees who meet the following criteria:
- Current OELMA membership
- Effectively filled an OELMA leadership role for the first time within the last two years
- Previously had not filled an OELMA leadership role, been elected to an OELMA office, nor received an OELMA recognition award. Current Board Members are not eligible for this award
- Meets at least minimum score on OELMA's Emerging Leader Award Rubric
The application for this award is a two-step process. Step 1 is the nomination (you may nominate yourself) that requires a 250-word rationale for the nomination that speaks to the rubric/checklist criteria. Additional documentation may be attached to the nomination form. Step 2 is the application that is to be completed by the nominee for the award. Applications should include the following materials:
- Completed online OELMA Scholarship & Awards Program application form Photograph in .jpg or .gif format
- A 500-word statement of qualification that speaks to the rubric/checklist criteria. The nominee may expand on the statement of qualification by submitting an additional document and/or having another person submit a letter of qualification that explains how the nominee meets the award selection criteria and provides evidence of the nominee's active participation in the Association. Be sure to include a statement about how the nominee articulates and communicates a library philosophy that positively affects school library program(s)
Late materials will not be accepted. All application materials must be submitted to OELMA using the online application form by 11:59 p.m. on February 20. You will be able to upload supporting materials to the online form.