Leadership in Action Award
OELMA's Leadership in Action Award recognizes an Ohio school librarian pursuing active leadership roles in local schools, in OELMA, and in national professional organizations (e.g. AASL, ALA). This award honors OELMA members demonstrating an ongoing commitment to leadership in the school library profession.Submit a Nomination
Multiple Leadership in Action Award recipients may be selected for this Award. The Leadership in Action Award recipient receives a framed commemorative certificate. The honoree will be recognized during the Awards Program at OELMA's Fall Annual Conference. The recipient's name will be announced via OELMA's email list and posted on the Awards/Scholarship section of OELMA's webpage.
The Leadership in Action Award recipient will be selected from nominees who meet the following criteria:
- OELMA membership for the previous three years
- An Ohio licensed library media specialist and active participant in OELMA, who has successfully completed at least one Association leadership role, and who is currently serving in an additional leadership capacity
- Meets at least minimum score on OELMA's Leadership in Action Award Rubric
The application for this award is a two-step process. Step 1 is the nomination (you may nominate yourself) that requires a 250-word rationale for the nomination that speaks to the rubric/checklist criteria. Additional documentation may be attached to the nomination form. Step 2 is the application that is to be completed by the nominee for the award. Applications should include the following materials:
Applications should include the following materials:
- Completed online OELMA Scholarship & Awards Program application form
- A 500-word statement of qualification that speaks to the rubric/checklist criteria. The nominee may expand on the statement of qualification by submitting an additional document and/or having another person submit a letter of qualification that explains how the nominee meets the award selection criteria. Include specific evidence of the nominee's successful service in leadership roles in OELMA, and/or in local schools, and/or in national professional organizations (e.g. AASL, ALA). Be sure to include a statement about how the nominee articulates and communicates a library philosophy that positively affects school library program(s)
- Photograph in .jpg or .gif format
- Career-related details (e.g. resume), including the following: current and previous professional positions, education, professional organizations and offices held, outstanding achievements, honors and awards.
Late materials will not be accepted. All application materials must be submitted to OELMA using the online application form by 11:59 p.m. on February 20. You will be able to upload supporting materials to the online form.