Outstanding Contributor Award
OELMAs Outstanding Contributor Award recognizes an Ohio licensed school librarian who has made outstanding contributions to school librarianship. The honoree has demonstrated a long-term commitment to the school library profession while serving in OELMA leadership roles.Apply Online
The Outstanding Contributor Award recipient receives a commemorative plaque. The honoree will be recognized during the Awards Program at OELMAs Fall Annual Conference. The recipients name will be announced via OELMAs email list and posted on the Awards/Scholarship section of OELMAs webpage.
The Outstanding Contributor Award recipient will be selected from applicants and nominees who meet the following criteria:
- OELMA membership for the previous five years
- An Ohio licensed library media specialist, who has made outstanding contributions to school librarianship
- An active participant in OELMA, who has served in multiple Association leadership roles
- Meets at least minimum score on OELMAs Outstanding Contributor Award Rubric
Applications should include the following materials:
- Completed online OELMA Scholarship & Awards Program application form
- Nomination letter, which explains how the nominee meets award selection criteria
- Career-related details (e.g. resume), including the following: current and previous professional positions, education, professional organizations and offices held, outstanding achievements, honors and awards
- Photograph in .jpg or .gif format
- A letter of support providing specific evidence of the nominees contributions to the school library profession and service in OELMA leadership roles. Be sure to include a statement about how the nominee communicates and articulates a library philosophy that positively affects the school library program
Late materials will not be accepted. All application materials must be submitted to OELMA using the online application form by 11:59 p.m. on April 6th. You will be able to upload supporting materials to the online form.