Mark your calendar for Saturday, March 11th, and register for OELMA’s Midwinter event, Future Ready Librarians Meet Highly Effective School Libraries. It will be filled with information you need as an Ohio School Librarian.
When you attend you will learn about:
- Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) – a federally funded act that replaces No Child Left Behind
- what is being proposed in Ohio
- how your school and library program can benefit
- we will work with an AASL expert to develop a personalized plan for each of our schools
- Future Ready Librarians
- what they are
- why it is important to know about
- OELMA Highly Effective School Library Program Rubric draft
- an Ohio piece of ESSA
- this will directly impact us, so you will want to be in on the discussion of the draft
Boxed lunches will be ordered from either Fresh Box Catering, whose mission is to help Columbus community members affected by poverty, employment barrier, and homelessness, or Freedom a la Cart, whose mission is to empower survivors of human trafficking to build a new life of freedom and self-sufficiency.
There will be coffee, snacks, prizes, and materials from library vendors!
Get more information and register here.
One more thing, we will be offering CEUs. And will also be offering the event as a one-credit course through Ashland College. You will need to do some additional coursework for this, but who doesn’t want to engage in professional learning with Susan Yutzey?!
I hope to see you there!